Tuesday, December 12, 2006

WOW!! (Rocko)

Dear Devils Advocates,

Rocko, "back on One".....Wow! What mere words can describe how I feel right now?!? Rip Van Winkle maybe, as I have just slept more in the last 24 hours than I have in the last month. What a whirlwind of a month it has been, and a typhoon with an earthquake day in Honolulu on December 9th. It is definitely beyond description, but not beyond giving the proper thanks where it is due to all the people that made our incredible dream come true!

Where do I begin?.............Well of course first and foremost it must be giving the Devils their due! To my brothers - Larry O'Connor, Jim Handley, Brent Jeffers and Scott Appleton, as well as the "Inspirational Padre" Terry Lawless, and our well endowed crew - Jeffro Hannah, Kevin Elson, Chuck Beckler, and Mike Price. You guys are the most talented humans I have ever had the pure pleasure of working so hard with. Thank you for enduring my relentless verbal torture and abuse......and not giving up!......

To the wonderful U2 crew - one hundred plus of the hardest working, most loving bunch of guys and girls I have ever known!.......To Adam, Bono, Larry, and Edge (A,B,L,E) the most able and capable men I have ever worked so hard for and with. You have always inspired and driven me, and now have shown me the way to bring it to others using the energy they give you!........ To Paul McGuiness, the man who bravely gave me the chance to come from being Pinocchio to becoming a real live boy!.......

To Melanie, our webmistess and cyber-babe extraordinaire who gave us a path to the world through a bunch of buttons with letters on them......and of course, as I have not overstated enough to please myself, to each and every one of you that come here to the Rocko and the Devils web site - Zootopians, U2 fans, Journey fans, new and old friends, and the generally curious souls who have supported and inspired us to play with the last drop of essence in our souls on that wonderful warm night a couple of days ago. Here is to all of you who were there with us in person - and the rest of you who were there in spirit. Your energy for the last year has inspired us to give the most joyful noise we could never have imagined we could possibly make. Thank you for the love, thank you for the courage, and thank you for giving us the Devil music your parents warned you about!! ...........

Throughout this entire project, as well as the U2 tours I have worked for the last 15 years, there is one person I have seldom mentioned here. This is because I guard my private life very tenaciously, but I must now cry out with joy as I share this moment of joy. She has given me the courage to achieve goals when I am so weary I felt I could not go on, to play the music in my soul when my fingers hurt so bad, and to sing the notes in my mind that my voice could not reach. She has stayed by my side when I am away from home for so many months, and I love her more now than I ever have before. To my wonderful wife Hollie, who has never held me back from my dreams, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........As to what is next? More songs? Another tour? A CD? A video? ........Let us all enjoy Christmas, and then get ready for the adventures of the new year!!! .........but The Devils ain't done yet, not by a long shot!!!!!!!!.............

Love - Rocko


Original post and replies in: Rocko and the Devils - Guestbook Archives - Page 4

No comments: